- Harvest Festival, Story Telling Assembly, Decoration Day, Christmas Service...
- remember a fresh water bottle each day
- P.E kit to be in school at all times- our main lesson will still be on a Thursday
- a small pencil case is needed with a black handwriting pen/ gel pen, a glue stick , short ruler and maybe some coloured pencils, rubber, pencil sharpener, pencils etc. - not too much!!
- pupils are welcome to bring in a book from home
note that the additional outside door may be in use in fair weather
Maths :- We will start the term with place value and calculations. This will include numbers up to ten million, negative numbers and decimal numbers. Over the first few weeks the children will take the 2017 SATS papers in order to assess individual needs. I will share findings during the first Parents Evening. As a whole school we are moving to a 'Maths Mastery' approach to the teaching of Maths. This simply means that we are working towards a deeper understanding of math's concepts through the use of talk, construction, drawing and writing. The children so far are enjoying it !
English:- Our class reader this term will be 'Wonder' by R J Palacio. Children are encouraged to read daily both at home and in school. This year I have selected 18 special books for all the children to read during their time in Year 6. Spellings will happen in school and follow the curriculum guidelines- we are starting with a focus on the Year 5/6 spelling list , which each child has a copy of.
Science:- Our focus this term is Biology. This includes humans, plants and animals.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle in school daily
- Please ensure that your child has a reading book in school daily - this may be a book from home or school
- Children may filter into the classroom from 9:50 and are registered at 9:00
- Full P.E kit needs to be in school each day- sorts, tee shirt, tracksuit and trainers.
- Pencil cases should be flat enough to fit into drawers or returned to school bags. All children need a black writing pen and a glue- stick. These need to be checked and replaced as needed. A few coloured pencil crayons, some fine liners and a short ruler are also useful. Please avoid anything sparkly or neon. A black and a purple fine liner are the most useful. Please name items and avoid lots of expensive stationary!
- Homework- Mental Maths is due in every Friday. Reading and spelling daily. Please ensure that Spelling Book is in school every day as we use it in class. Spelling Tests will be on a Thursday. Year 6 will get additional homework later in the year
- Please pop in to see me if you have any concerns or important information to pass on
- Tuesday 13th September - dressing up for Roald Dahl Day
- Tuesday 11th/Thursday 13th October - Parent's Evening
- Wednesday 19th October - Theatre Visit - The Railway Children
- Friday 21st/Monday 31st of October - INSET DAYS