Instrument of Government
1. The name of the school is Thriplow Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School
2. The school is a Voluntary Aided School.
3. The name of the governing body is "The governing body of Thriplow Church of England (Voluntary Aided) Primary School.
4. The governing body shall consist of :
a. 2 parent governors
b. One LA governor
c. One staff governor
d. One headteacher
e. 8 foundation governors appointed by Ely Diocesan Board of Education (4),
St George’s Thriplow PCC (3), ex-officio (1),
f. One co-opted governor
5. Total number of governors 14
(a) The holder of the following office shall be a foundation governor ex-officio:
Principal Officiating Minister of St George’s, Thriplow
(b) The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is shall be entitled to appoint a foundation governor to act in the place of the ex officio foundation governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that that ex officio foundation governor is unable or unwilling to act as a foundation governor, or has been removed from office under regulation 21(1) of the Regulations. This person will also be entitled to request the removal of any ex officio foundation governor and to appoint any substitute governor.
7. A description of the ethos of the school is given below:
“Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.”
8. This instrument of government comes into effect on 9th October 2014.
9. This instrument was made by order of Cambridgeshire Local Authority on 9th October 2014.
10. A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governor body (and the headteacher if not a governor), any trustees and to the appropriate religious body.