PE and Sport at Thriplow C of E Primary School
At Thriplow School we place great importance on competitive sport and good quality PE lessons for every child. We believe that such experiences boost self esteem, increase physical fitness and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We have teams for football, cricket, cross country, netball and gymnastics, as well as inter-house tournaments in rounders and table tennis.
What is the Sports Premium?
The PE and Sports Premium provides money for primary schools to raise standards in the quality of the PE being offered to pupils and to support with the development of opportunities for physical activity across the school.
Objectives of the Sports Premium:
- to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- increased participation in competitive sport.